Porcelain Veneers at Mountain View, CA
Many people are dissatisfied with the way their teeth look. In such cases, dental veneers offer a quick way to help people get better-looking teeth without any hassle. Dental veneers or porcelain veneers are used to improve the size, colour, and shape of the teeth. The porcelain veneers are tooth-coloured and blend in with your teeth making them look natural. Not only that, they also improve the strength and resilience of your teeth, and are also more resistant to stains.
Do you need a Porcelain Veneer?
Teeth can get stained or discoloured over time due to many different reasons. Porcelain veneers fight the damage to give your teeth a better and healthier overall appearance. Teeth that are chipped, broken, misshapen or riddled with gaps can all be improved easily. It is important to consult your dentist in such cases so that you get a professional opinion before getting a veneer.
How does the Procedure Work?
- Before the procedure, it is important to consult your dentist to discuss the entire process. The dentist may take an X-ray or even impressions of your teeth so that the veneers can be made accurately.
- Following this, the dentist removes a minuscule portion of the tooth enamel so that the porcelain veneer can be easily fit in the patient’s mouth. The impression of your tooth is sent to the laboratory so that a veneer can be constructed from it.
- The tooth on which the veneer is to be placed is polished and cleaned perfectly so that the veneer can easily be applied to it. After that, special cement is applied to the veneer before it is fixed onto the tooth.
- Once it is properly attached to the tooth, a light beam is used to harden the cement so that the veneer is fastened permanently onto the tooth.
- The dentist trims off the excess and makes sure that the veneer blends in well with the tooth.
- After this, you may have a few follow-up appointments with the dentist to ensure that the veneer is working perfectly.
Call Mountain View dentists Dr. Bill Hall, Dr. Tiffany Chan, and Dr. J. Janice Chou at (650) 964-2626 to schedule a consultation today!